Capitol Jobs Marketplace
Posted: August 4, 2020
Organization: Michigan Retailers Association/Services
Job Title: Vice President, Communications & Marketing
- Build and improve the MRA brand with members and non-members through its publications, web site, media strategy, outreach, marketing assets and social media. Basic knowledge of digital media is helpful; social media and print publication skills are required.
- Expand awareness of our shop-local Buy Nearby initiative and oversee the campaign, which includes budget, sponsorships, website, social media, materials, interns, workshops and media strategy. Maintain relationships with the many chambers and downtown organizations who take advantage of the program.
- Plan and edit publications, including Michigan Retailer magazine, the annual report and legislative report. Coordinate with the editor of the sister magazine, the Food News. The ability to brainstorm story ideas on retail trends and events, oversee freelancers, work with our graphic designer and meet print publication deadlines is a must.
- Oversee and produce content for retailers.com, and ensure that restailersinsurance.com and retailersprocessingnetwork.com stay up to date.
- Act as media spokesperson or refer media members to others in the organization as needed. Quick thinking and poise on radio, TV and with digital reporters is a plus.
- Oversee the MRA Scholarship Program, an annual competition for college scholarships.
- Maintain MRA’s relationship with the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, which partners with MRA to produce the monthly Retail Index survey of retailers.
- Ability to connect with people and organizations; to talk to media on and off camera; produce marketing and advocacy/informational materials and web content.
- A college degree is required.
- Experience in one or more of the following or related fields is a must: journalism, marketing, public relations, state government.
- Some journalism experience is a plus.
Pay Range: As negotiated.
How to Apply:
Resumes and inquiries should be directed to Tom Clement, General Counsel, 517-327-8903, email@example.com, by September 8, 2020.