The following document governs use of any and all websites, applications and online resources operated by Gongwer News Service, Inc., Gongwer News Service/Michigan, Inc. and any affiliated companies.
All sites hosted by Gongwer and/or its affiliates and partners are owned or managed by Gongwer News Service (referred to as "Gongwer," “we” or the "site"). By accessing, viewing or using any Gongwer site, you agree and consent to the following terms and conditions. If you do not accept the terms and conditions stated here, do not use the Gongwer sites.
These terms represent a contract between you and Gongwer News Service.
Scope of Agreement
- Any end user who registers on our sites to access news, information or other services.
- Any end user who receives access to Gongwer services via a request made by a subscribing organization.
- Any end user who visits the site but who does not register for a subscription or services.
These terms apply to all content and services made available through the site, including those that will be deployed in the future.
Registration and Use
In exchange for your use of our site, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the site’s subscription, trial subscription or information request forms. You further agree to update employment and contact information and stop accessing secure areas of the site if you are no longer employed in a qualifying role by an organization that has an active subscription.
You acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in your account and/or any customizable features or saved searches.
If your account is canceled or suspended, your account information, including saved searches, images, uploads, contact information and other data, may be archived for a certain period, potentially allowing you to restore access without interruption in the future.
Use of Site Content
Gongwer grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to:
- Access and use the site and its services in accordance with this Agreement.
- Print information from the site as long as you comply with all Copyright laws and other related usage policies.
You may not copy, republish, display, distribute, transmit, sell, rent, lease, loan or otherwise make available in any form or by any means any or all portions of the site or any content and materials retrieved from it.
Any authorized redistribution, transmission or posting must clearly indicate that the content is a product of Gongwer News Service, and carry the appropriate URL.
An exception to the limits on sharing involves the distribution of custom Bill Tracking Status Reports and Committee Schedules, as specifically allowed through the site’s sharing features, as well as content on the Blog page.
All individual and collective articles, resources, files, services and features are copyrighted. All copyrights are owned by Gongwer under terms of the United States Copyright Act and all international copyright laws.
Users must adhere to the following rules:
- Each individual user must have his or her own login information.
- Users may not share account passwords with others. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login information to protect the security of your account. If others use your password, your account could be deactivated, or you could be forced to establish a new password.
- Any user who feels their login information is not secure should immediately update their password through the Gongwer website or by contacting Gongwer for assistance.
- We may cancel or suspend your access to the site if you share your login credentials.
- User accounts are available only to on-staff employees of organizations and entities whose names are identified on subscription invoices. User accounts are not available to consultants, contractors, board members or others loosely affiliated with subscribing organizations.
- Any user whose employment status changes and no longer qualifies for access should immediately stop accessing protected areas of the sites.
Users may not:
- Violate or attempt to violate the security of the site.
- Access data not intended for your use.
- Log into an account you are not authorized to use.
- Use the site for any unlawful purpose or in any manner that would violate international, federal or local laws or regulations, that would infringe any third party's intellectual property rights or in a manner that is defamatory, obscene, abusive or hateful.
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site.
- Attempt to access or access the site by any means other than through the interfaces provided by the site or by navigating to Gongwer using a web browser.
- Use manual or automated software, devices, script robots, other means or processes to access, "scrape," "crawl," or "spider" any web pages or other services contained in or on the site.
- Use or copy information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from the site to provide any service that is competitive, in Gongwer’s sole discretion, with the site.
Any violation of any of these Rules may result in civil or criminal liability.
Gongwer monitors account usage and may contact users whose accounts appear to be compromised. Gongwer investigates all occurrences relating to such violations and may involve third parties to help resolve any suspected or known violations. Gongwer retains the sole ability to direct users to change their passwords in certain circumstances.
In connection with certain services available on the site, users may upload comments, documents and files.
Information, materials and resources on the site may be provided by various third parties, and the site may redirect you to other third-party websites. Gongwer takes no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any linked materials not originally created by Gongwer.
You agree that Gongwer shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort that may be incurred as the result of any reliance on materials on the site.
Representations and Warranties
Gongwer makes no representations or warranties with respect to these pages, their content and materials (including, without limitation, material communicated by third parties), all of which are provided on an "as is" basis.
Nothing on the site shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty with respect to any user or third party, whether in regard to the sites, products, services or otherwise.
No Guaranty of Results. Gongwer makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness or timeliness of the site in meeting objectives of Users.
Disclaimer of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that Gongwer and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors or anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the sites shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses.
The site and all right, title and interest in and to the site is the sole property of Gongwer and is protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties.
Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Gongwer (and its officers, directors, employees and agents) from and against any third party claims, actions or demands (including, without limitation, costs, damages and reasonable legal and accounting fees) alleging or resulting from or in connection with your use of the site.
Term and Termination. This agreement is effective until terminated. Gongwer, at its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the site, at any time and for any reason. Such termination, including deactivation or deletion of your password and username, and all related information and files associated with it, may happen without prior notice.
Notice. Notice shall consist of the posting of this policy on the sites’ home page and in various other locations and notifications.
Last Updated: May 1, 2019