Capitol Jobs Marketplace
Gongwer News Service Job Postings
Administrative Assistant to Government Affairs
Michigan Manufacturers Association
Reports to: Vice President of Government Affairs
Hours: 35 per week
One of Michigan's strongest statewide trade associations seeks a well-organized individual for a full-time position. The position is the key support staff to a very busy team of lobbyists. The assistant is responsible for assisting the government affairs team with all administrative activities, including meeting scheduling with members and policymakers, assisting on events scheduling and planning, communicating with members, working with the membership data system, and various other duties. The individual must be a strong communicator with excellent organizational skills. The position is full time, salaried plus benefits.
- Enthusiastic individual who works well with others;
- Experience with state government or association preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Must be proficient in word processing and spreadsheets;
- Experience in database and/or membership systems a plus; and
- Organized, detail oriented and able to set priorities.
Please submit a cover letter, salary requirements and your resume via the Michigan Manufactuers Association website.