Capitol Jobs Marketplace
Gongwer News Service Job Postings
DTE Energy State Government Affairs
This position is located in Lansing, Michigan, and provides professional assistance and support for DTE Energy's State Government Affairs program office and the State Legislative Advocates. Performs complex administrative staff-related duties for a Business Leader or Business Unit. Enhances effectiveness of Staff and Business Unit by managing resources and deadlines to complete assigned projects/programs on time and within budget. Provides diverse and confidential administrative support and coordinates company projects/programs by gathering, interpreting, facilitating and displaying a high level of initiative and commitment towards completing the transfer of information within the organization.
- Acts as primary contact/liaison for internal/external inquiries, issues, and concerns regarding projects, policies, procedures, forms and confidential information.
- Screens and prioritizes mail and telephone calls, and follows through as needed. Facilitates/supports Business Unit administrative projects/programs e.g., annual programs, rollouts, and policies and day-to-day operations.
- Researches, analyzes, and summarizes business information. Prepares and may present reports, spreadsheets and presentation packages.
- Prepares documentation summarizing business decisions e.g., employee selections, contract bids according to company pre-set standards as required.
- Coordinates calendar, meetings, conference calls, and travel arrangements for a Business Leader/Business Unit.
- Composes routine and non-routine business correspondence.
- May evaluate administrative processes for improvements, make recommendations, and provide guidance to other clerical/administrative staff regarding office policies/procedures as needed.
- Plans, coordinates, or facilitates a wide range of assigned activities for off-sites, meetings, workshops, community functions and large-scale events as needed.
- Analyzes and organizes project information and requirements.
- Monitor overall department budget & expenditures such as office/field supplies and equipment.
- Compile financial reports and coordinate with corporate tax & finance departments for income tax filings.
- May provide support to contract administrator by monitoring contract status, process contract changes, and initiate bid process.
- Responsible for records management which may contain confidential information.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent;
- Required: Five 5 years’ administrative experience with progression of complexity and skills.
- Preferred: Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: 3+ years governmental agency support experience.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of policy interpretation and administration.
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in software applications such as word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, intranet/internet research and departmental database management.
- Working knowledge of corporate applications such as Expense, Time Reporting, Online Stock Ordering, Personnel Record and Report Management.
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to coordinate deadlines and logistics to successfully lead projects through to completion using effective time and resource management skills within an agreed upon time frame.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively e.g., oral and written with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
Those interested in the position can apply by clicking this link.