Washtenaw County Treasurer
Position: Customer Service Manager
Date Posted: April 16
Reports directly to the Washtenaw County Treasurer. A management career with opportunity to serve the public, meet with high level internal and external customers, gain experience as a team leader, and supervise a staff. Salaried position, 37.5 hours/week, generous vacation/holiday package, professional development encouraged, health care and retirement match provided.
Must have prior experience at supervisory level; looking for strong technological skills in software implementation and project management. Desirable to have experience in cash receipting, handling, and internal cash controls; financial expertise to resolve problems. Successful candidate will pass assessment tests and background check. Apply online through May 15.
McLaren Health Care Corporation
Position: Corporate Director of Government Relations
Date Posted: March 31
The Corporate Director of Government Relations is a new position that will play a pivotal role in shaping and managing the government relations programs of the health system. S/he will serve as a link between the resources of the state, federal and local governments and the needs of the communities served by McLaren. The Corporate Director will be expected to develop and maintain positive relationships with policy makers, community and trade association leaders, working with them to identify the people, programs and proposals that will impact McLaren.
Additionally, the Corporate Director of Government Relations will:
- Develop system-wide legislative agenda and strategy incorporating public policy initiatives, government relations considerations, strategic goals and local, state and federal issues that impact McLaren in particular and health care in general.
- Oversee the collection and analysis of data and information pertinent to public policy and advocacy issues; disseminate reports and analysis to appropriate audiences.
- Direct the development and implementation of the government relations function ensuring compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Serve as McLaren’s representative with advocacy and trade organizations and serve as McLaren’s appointee to various state, national and trade organizations, advisory councils, ad-hoc committees and standing committees.
- Develop communications and working relationships with members of the McLaren executive team while providing them with counsel on issues directly impacted by governmental activities.
- Work with external organizations, including other health systems; businesses; professional associations; public and private agencies in support of sound health care policies, as well as McLaren’s goals and priorities.
- Ensure McLaren leadership is kept abreast of key government regulations, new legislation and maintain relationships with government officials.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree (Master's Degree preferred), five or more years of progressively responsible experience in health care administration, government relations or in a leadership position dealing with high-level executives, as well as local, state and federal officials, businesses and community leaders, and experience in health care, insurance or with government relations/lobbying.
For more information regarding this opportunity and to submit your application, please visit our Career Page.