Organization: Washtenaw County Treasurer's Office
Perform valued accounting functions within the Washtenaw County Treasurer’s Office in Ann Arbor. Reconcile complex bank statements; extract and analyze information contained in ERP financial system; resolve problems; write journal entries and enter into financial system; create and maintain Access databases. Skilled user of Excel, Word, and Access. Valuable team player in project-oriented work groups, and enjoy learning new technology. Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. Minimum two years of general ledger accounting and bank reconciliation experience required. Criminal background check will be conducted. Applications accepted only on-line through September 3, 2014 at www.ewashtenaw.org.
Organization: Oakland University
Position: Assistant Vice President for Government and Community Relations
Date Posted: July 21
To assist the vice president for government and community relations in expanded efforts at the local, community and grassroots levels. Civic responsibilities include working with local, state and federal officials at the grassroots level for the purpose of identifying and responding to public policy/constituent issues impacting the region, state and nation. The community component involves planning, identifying and attending events that promote the public good and improve the overall quality of life. Position requires establishing a visible and sustainable presence throughout the region to enhance the university’s partnerships, collaborations and contributions. Position will be based in Macomb County.
Official Posting: https://jobs.oakland.edu/postings/2715
Organization: Lansing-based Nonprofit Association
Position: Government Relations Assistant
Date Posted: June 6
Lansing-based non-profit association seeks Government Relations Assistant with minimum three to five years clerical experience in an office environment, preferable legislative or association office. Position requires strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, considerable experience in computer applications, proficient word processing skills, and excellent grammar and proofreading abilities to work effectively in a professional manner to meet multiple deadlines and effectively communicate with membership and legislative offices. Some travel required. Minimum salary is $40K plus benefits.
- Prepares and maintains various reports and documents on legislative issues;
- Provides clerical support to government relations department;
- Assists with design and proofreading of department publications and brochures;
- Serves as support staff for legislative policy committees including preparation of meeting notices, agendas, informational packets, meeting reports and recording of minutes;
- Assists with coordination of legislative conferences and communications with conference participants;
- Posting of appropriate legislative advocacy information on association’s website; and
- Edits and proofreads materials developed for dissemination to the membership, the public, or other significant audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to effectively communicate with membership, legislative offices and other staff members in a professional manner;
- Demonstration of proficient word processing skills necessary for the creation and compilation of various documents and reports;
- Strong writing skills, particularly the ability to present complex information in a style and vocabulary suitable for general audiences; strong grammar and spelling abilities essential;
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications including database, spreadsheets, word processing and the internet;
- Organizational skills necessary to meet numerous deadlines and the ability to successfully carry out multiple responsibilities; and
- Minimum of three to five years clerical experience, preferably in an association or a legislative office.
Send cover letter and resume by June 13 to firstname.lastname@example.org.