Ten months after passing the Senate, the House Health Policy Committee will hold a hearing - testimony only, no voting - on controversial legislation that would expand the scope of practice for advanced practice nurses to allow them to perform some duties now reserved for physicians.
The battle over SB 2 has been one of the most hard-fought of the 97th Legislature.
In the wake of Superintendent of Public Instruction Mike Flanagan's announcement that some charter school authorizers were as risk of having their authority suspended, the Michigan Council of Charter School Authorizers announced Friday voluntary standards for those overseeing charters.
Republican U.S. Senate candidate Terri Land said Friday she opposes the Common Core State Standards, calling for an end to "Washington-imposed standards on local schools."
Senate Secretary Carol Viventi on Friday said she and her staff are in the final phase of evaluating bids from companies vying to either buy or restore the Farnum Building, which houses Senate offices, and she hopes to get something to Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville sometime next week.
Charities that have been using gaming as a fundraiser, as well as the venues and suppliers that allow those games, have asked the Court of Claims to block emergency rules regulating those games in the same way it earlier blocked permanent rules.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More