Public health work in Genesee County on the Flint water crisis has been the province of the Genesee County Health Department and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the last week under a Genesee Circuit judge's order that minimizes the roles of the Michigan departments of Environmental Quality and Health and Human Services.
A copy of the protective order from Genesee Circuit Judge Geoffrey Neithercut, marked confidential and obtained by Gongwer News Service, makes clear why the latest major dispute has erupted between Governor Rick Snyder and Attorney General Bill Schuette.
DELTA TOWNSHIP - While the School Reform Office prepares to release its list of the lowest-performing schools, various school groups said Wednesday they are considering all options, including legal fights, on how to convince the administration a top-down approach is not successful.
The Senate Energy and Technology Committee met Wednesday for the first time since the end of May, approving Governor Rick Snyder's recent appointment of Rachael Eubanks to the Public Service Commission and discussing a report from the PSC on resource adequacy it had published in mid-July.
Also In Gongwer
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More