"Significant" and "aggressive" are how some House Republicans described the 15-cent gas tax increase sent to them by the Senate this week, with some noting it was difficult enough to pass a 4-cent diesel tax increase in their chamber last month.
"I think we can do it in the House of Representatives," said Rep. Jeff Farrington (R-Utica) when asked if the House Republican caucus could come up with the votes to pass such an increase.
Energy legislation introduced by a pair of senators on Thursday appears to emphasize pre-planning above most other things, and Sen. Mike Nofs said Thursday that is with good reason.
Former House Speaker Craig DeRoche's just published book about his battle with alcoholism reveals the overwhelming nature of his addiction, how his life bottomed out in the wake of two arrests, a searing anger at prosecutors and the news media for how they handled his legal problems and hope at how he and his family have rebuilt their lives.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More