The Department of Transportation has drafted a sweeping proposal on how funds for roads are divided between state and local governments that would repeal the existing formula and make other major changes.
Transportation Director Kirk Steudle presented the proposal Wednesday to the Senate Republican Caucus.
FLINT - Talk to most people invested in Flint's recovery efforts from its water crisis, and they will tell you a few things: They're tired of politics, they will take help from most anywhere they can get it and, while the state has responded pretty well since declaring an emergency, there are still gaps in service on the ground.
Both the House and Senate adjourned this week essentially until the post-election lame-duck session, though the Senate will return for a three-day stint next month, leaving the list of possibilities for December long.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More