The House Republican Campaign Committee raised upwards of $20,000 more than the Democrats in the second quarter of the year, but also is carrying $147,000 in debts, according to campaign finance reports released Monday.
The Republicans raised $207,770 compared to the $180,764 the Michigan House Democratic Fund raised between the end of April and now. The Republicans also have more cash on hand: $675,162 compared to the Democrats' $613,399.
The mechanics of getting core Democratic voters to the polls cannot shunt aside efforts to inform those voters of why it is important to vote Democratic, new Michigan Democratic Party Chair Brandon Dillon said Monday.
Incumbent representatives likely to see competitive races in 2016 ranged in fundraising amounts for the first six months of 2015, according to campaign finance reports filed Monday.
Also In Gongwer
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More