The percentage of Michigan workers belonging to a union dipped more significantly in 2014, the first full year the state's right-to-work laws were in effect, than in previous years, new data released today from the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics shows.
In 2013, 16.3 percent of Michigan workers belonged to a union. But that fell to 14.5 percent in 2014, tying Michigan with Rhode Island for the third-largest drop in the nation behind Washington state and West Virginia.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More