While Republicans aren't panicked that tea party Republicans Gary Glenn and Todd Courser will lose the GOP-leaning 98th and 82nd House Districts, respectively, they are expecting the margins to be closer than Republicans have won those districts by in the past.
Republicans speaking on background acknowledged Mr. Glenn of Midland and Mr. Courser of Silverwood are polarizing figures, but said the strong Republican base in each of their respective districts should be enough to carry the candidates through to victory on Election Day. That said, both Democrats have an opportunity to win.
With Detroit's apparent imminent exit from bankruptcy, Governor Rick Snyder's campaign released its latest ad on Thursday that focuses on the city's seeming financial recovery.
Also In Gongwer
There are no news clips to display at this time
There are no opinion clips to display at this time
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More