As major renovations on the Capitol View building continue in anticipation of the Senate moving most of its offices there, inventory is being taken at the Senate's current offices so senators and staff can plan their move, with an official up-and-running estimate of January.
Senate Republican spokesperson Amber McCann told Gongwer News Service senators have been informed of the intended timeline so they can figure out what to bring with them.
More students were proficient this year than last on the Michigan Student Test for Educational Achievement, but still fewer than half reached that mark in most grades and all subjects but English, according to statewide results released Tuesday by the Department of Education.
After the Court of Claims on Tuesday denied Republican candidate Diana Farrington's attempt to remove Democrat Michael Notte from the November ballot in the 30th House District, on the grounds that he did not reside in the district long enough before filing day, a spokesperson for her campaign said she will refile her lawsuit in Macomb County.
Also In Gongwer
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More