Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 11:09 AM
Governor Rick Snyder's budget proposal for the 2016-17 fiscal year will contain funding increases for education, and a new supplemental funding bill will include $195 million to deal with the Flint water crisis, sources told Gongwer News Service Tuesday.
Mr. Snyder will formally unveil his budget Wednesday to a joint meeting of the House and Senate Appropriations committees, and anticipation for this presentation is greater than any since Mr. Snyder's first budget proposal.
The Genesee County Health Department and the state's Department of Health and Human Services took the gloves off Tuesday as a plethora of emails released by the press and DHHS itself show marred communication at best between the two entities most directly responsible for informing the public about a Legionnaire's outbreak in Genesee County.
Saying he will "not shortchange justice" when it came to the investigation his office is overseeing in Flint, Attorney General Bill Schuette also said no legislator would want to "be viewed as obstructing" or "impeding" the investigation by not funding it fully.
Also In Gongwer
Rep. Gary Glenn (R) Fundraiser - 7:30 am
Natural Resources Trust Fund - 9:00 am
House Families, Children and Seniors - 9:00 am
House Tax Policy - 10:30 am
House Financial Services - 10:30 am
House Agriculture - 10:30 am
Commission on Law Enforcement Standards - 10:30 am
Board of Pharmacy - 10:30 am
House Appropriations - 11:00 am
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More