ANN ARBOR - In an optimistic forecast for the next two years, economists said on Friday the state should replenish 54 percent of the jobs lost during the Great Recession by the end of 2016.
Economist George Fulton told attendees of the University of Michigan Research Seminar in Quantitative Economics the state has just completed its fifth year of recovery and in the next two job growth will continue to rise at a pace similar to 2012 and 2013.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More