Republican U.S. Senate candidate Terri Land proposed Tuesday slashing the federal gasoline tax and leaving it up to the states whether to make up the revenues with higher state taxes to pay for building and maintaining their road systems.
Groups representing the state's community colleges, universities and public schools joined the call to add sexual orientation to the Michigan's Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act on Tuesday, and Jim Murray, chair of the Michigan Competitive Workforce Coalition, said Rep. Frank Foster will request co-sponsors on the bill during Wednesday's session.
Some 23 licensed casino workers at Greektown and Motor City casinos in Detroit either surrendered or had their licenses suspended as state agencies investigate an alleged scandal involving unemployment compensation fraud.
Also In Gongwer
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More