Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper said Friday she is reviewing a possible appeal of a Supreme Court decision that made enormous changes to Michigan's sentencing guidelines system to the U.S. Supreme Court, saying the decision will make criminal sentencing less fair.
The 5-2 decision made this week in People v. Lockridge (See Gongwer Michigan Report, July 29, 2015) was "going back in time," Ms. Cooper said, and would result in sentences that vary widely.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More