Flint Mayor Karen Weaver, Senate Minority Leader Jim Ananich and U.S. Rep. Dan Kildee are bringing the story of the Flint water crisis to the Democratic National Convention this week, as Ms. Weaver addressed attendees Wednesday evening on the matter and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's has promised to make it better.
Mr. Kildee (D-Flint) began by telling attendees about his goal to find ways to improve the lives of his constituents.
Democratic candidates seeking the nomination in the 15th House District are touting community involvement and personal histories in the Dearborn area in an effort to garner enough support to clear next week's primary.
Interim Ingham County Prosecutor Gretchen Whitmer has been on-hand at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia from the start, calling the experience "phenomenal" and apparently still answering questions about whether she will run for governor in 2018.
Also In Gongwer
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More