The final significant issues in the 2015-16 fiscal year budget are nearly resolved with legislators and the Snyder administration agreeing to two major changes - an increase in what hospitals pay to supplement Medicaid and the closure of the W.J. Maxey Training School for juvenile delinquents.
There was no official announcement of these agreements, but multiple sources familiar with them described the details Friday to Gongwer News Service on the condition they not be named.
The school districts in Highland Park and Muskegon Heights have both been operating as charter districts for the past three school years, but the results of the changes are still unclear.
Sen. Mike Nofs hopes to introduce his energy proposal after the Legislature works its way through the budget next week, and among the provisions will be a clean energy goal linked directly to the to-be-determined national carbon emissions standards.
Also In Gongwer
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More