The sponsor of a bill that would have eliminated the share some cities pay toward state road projects in their jurisdictions fumed Friday at Governor Rick Snyder's decision to veto it and said he is considering options to revive the policy, including attempting to override Mr. Snyder's veto.
The Department of Transportation had signaled opposition to the bill as it moved through the Legislature, but it failed to sway lawmakers who voted 109-0 in the House and 37-0 in the Senate to pass SB 557.
Michigan's controversial Health Insurance Claims Assessment does not violate federal pre-emption, the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals held on Friday.
A Detroit U.S. district judge has issued a preliminary injunction against a newly enacted state law that bans companies from collecting employee donations for union campaign funds, but permits a firm to continue to collect donations for corporate campaign funds.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More