Mr. VerHeulen (R-Walker) could not immediately be reached Monday night as word broke of his decision.
State and local tax revenues are growing more slowly than in previous years, a national report has found, raising concerns about meeting future budget needs.
Michigan's ability to reduce energy waste is key to its energy future, Agency for Energy Director Valerie Brader told a media roundtable on Monday, but several other factors are necessary to ensure affordability as well.
Also In Gongwer
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More