While House Republican candidates in swing districts were mostly ahead of Democratic candidates when it comes to cash on hand, Democrats led in some key seats they want to flip in 2016 in an effort to gain control of the House.
Of the 21 swing districts analyzed by Gongwer News Service, in 11 the Republican candidate had more cash on hand than the Democratic candidate, though in some cases there are still upcoming primaries. In three, the candidates were essentially tied and in seven, the Democratic candidate was ahead.
Rep. Brian Banks is again facing a competitive primary in the 1st House District where he is running for his final term and has outraised his most serious opponent by $60,000, according to pre-primary campaign finance reports filed Friday.
Rep. Mary Whiteford holds a commanding lead over her Republican primary opponent for the 80th House District, Abigail Nobel, pre-primary campaign finance reports showed Friday.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More