With taxes growing as a major issue in the 2014 campaign, Governor Rick Snyder on Tuesday suggested that as opportunities arise, the state could roll back some of the 2011 tax changes that affected individuals. Meanwhile, his Democratic rival Mark Schauer said he had not announced any plans to make changes to the Corporate Income Tax except to end breaks for companies that export jobs.
But Mr. Schauer was vague on which companies now get breaks for moving jobs overseas or how much that costs the state.
Governor Rick Snyder signed a bill Tuesday that electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors said will prevent it from setting up centers where it can market its vehicles to potential Michigan customers.
A bill that Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville says would restructure the way the film industry could hire or be paid for certain workers is on the Senate agenda for Wednesday, though it first must clear the Senate Economic Development Committee in the morning.
Also In Gongwer
Administrative Board/Building Committee - 11:00 am
Liquor Control Commission - 11:00 am
Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board - 2:00 pm
Governor Rick Snyder (R) Fundraiser - 5:30 pm
Sen. Rebekah Warren (D) Fundraiser - 5:30 pm
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More