House Speaker Kevin Cotter spoke publicly for the first time Friday about his decision to bar Rep. Cindy Gamrat from House Republican Caucus meetings, telling the Detroit News Editorial Board it was about a series of breaches of caucus confidentiality.
"My action yesterday was not the result of that single Facebook post," Mr. Cotter told the News. "This is not something that started this week. We've had an ongoing series of incidents that have caused concerns to be expressed from several members."
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More