The Department of Health and Human Services will formally request its next waiver to continue its operation of the Healthy Michigan Medicaid expansion plan on Tuesday, and few changes from the proposed waiver the state issued in May are expected.
The waiver is needed for the state to continue to enroll individuals with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level in Medicaid.
A problem with the registration forms for the first individuals who signed up for the Healthy Michigan Medicaid expansion and some other recipients has the state looking for registrants who may be entitled to reimbursement for some treatments.
Usually the candidate with full backing of his party one election retains that if he or she runs again, but Jerry Cannon is now the outsider in the 1st U.S. House District with former Michigan Democratic Party Chair Lon Johnson joining the race.
Also In Gongwer
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More