Multimillionaire Paul Mitchell, the Republican who unsuccessfully ran for the U.S. House in 2014, is the treasurer for a new ballot question committee that appears geared toward opposing the May 5 ballot proposal to increase the sales tax as part of a plan to raise $1.2 billion for fixing the state's roads.
The new committee, the Coalition Against Higher Taxes and Special Interest Deals, appeared in the Bureau of Elections system Friday.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More