State officials have released the requests for proposal to allow bidding to begin on a consolidated health services contract designed to hire one vendor for physical and mental health as well as pharmacy services in prisons, but not soon enough to meet the expectation written into the current year budget that the consolidation would save $15 million.
The state now contracts with a different vendor for each service, and the hope is going to one vendor would improve care and save money.
Candidates working the 82nd House District in an attempt to win the seat vacated by former Rep. Todd Courser and others working in the Lapeer County said Friday they have not seen him working in the district and he has no shot of getting through the November 3 primary.
A large increase in Medicare premiums will cost Michigan more than $50 million in additional General Fund monies, and the Department of Health and Human Services will need a supplemental budget increase to cover the increase.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More