One of the hardest to call House primaries in the state this year is taking place in the Jackson area where three strong candidates with three distinctly different profiles are battling it out for the Republican nomination.
Phil Tripp, a car dealership owner in Jackson, certainly has name recognition in the 64th House District thanks to years of television advertising for his business, but is trying to use his lack of a political background to his advantage against John Griffin of Jackson, whose family has a long political history in the area, and Jackson County Commissioner Julie Alexander of Hanover, a dairy farmer.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More